ABSTRACT SUBMISSION ROME AND NAPLES
Please follow the instructions detailed on the website. Your abstract submission will be acknowledged automatically by email, but this confirmation does not constitute official acceptance for presentation. The ILLS2023 abstract reviewers will make the final decision on the presentation format (i.e. oral or video). According to the topic, the ILLS2023 reviewers will decide if the abstract will be accepted for Rome (ILLS Congress 13th – 15th September 2023) or Naples (ILLS Post-Meeting Conference 16th September 2023). The submission deadline is June 20th, 2023, 23:59 (CET). Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted. If all sections are not completed, your abstract submission will NOT be accepted.
Abstract Submission online
January 18th, 2023
Abstract Submission deadline
June 20th, 2023
Notification of Acceptance
July 10th, 2023
RULES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- All abstracts for Rome (ILLS Congress 13th– 15th September 2023) or Naples (ILLS Post-Meeting Conference 16th September 2023), must be submitted and be received on or before June 20th, 2023 through the Online Abstract Submission System..
- Revisions are not accepted after the deadline, be they to the title, body, or author string of the submitted abstract.
- Abstracts must be original and have not been published or presented at any Congress prior to the ILLS 4th World Congress (ILLS2023).
- Authors are required to indicate their preference for either ORAL or VIDEO presentation by checking the appropriate drop-down menu. The ILLS2023 abstract reviewers will make the final decision on the presentation format (i.e. oral or video). According to the topic, the ILLS2023 reviewers will decide if the abstract will be accepted for Rome (ILLS Congress 13th – 15th September 2023) or Naples (ILLS Post-Meeting Conference 16th September 2023).
- Acceptance of abstracts will be communicated via e-mail to the corresponding author starting from July 10th, 2023. The Scientific Committee’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- In case of video presentation, authors are required to send – along with the textual abstract to be submitted through the Online Abstract Submission System – their video to firstname.lastname@example.org through WeTransfer or other link from which we can download the file (Drive, Dropbox, Megadrive, Amazon, etc.).
- Maximum size of the video: 100 MB. Videos should be in a 16:9 size format. Acceptable video formats is: .mp4 or avi. Ensure audio is at a good volume, is not distorted, and is recorded in a quiet setting. Do not use audio from the OR unless it is relevant to the content. Rename your file with: ILLS2023_last name_video title.
- Videos must include verbal narration. Narration must use generic terms, and no use of commercial/proprietary names is allowed. Videos must not exceed 8 minutes together with video slided in length. Do not include authors or affiliations in the video.
- Video must be an original production, in final edited form with a clear voice-over in English, connecting the narration with images shown.
- Should the abstract not be accepted as oral or video, it might be accepted as poster.
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed and ranked according to their scholarly and/or research validity, educational value, clarity of presentation and potential impact on Laparoscopic Liver resection techniques.
- The Scientific Program Committee of the ILLS 4th World Congress (ILLS2023) reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts either oral or video presentation and to choose a suitable session for the abstract. The authors’ preference of the type of the presentation and theme will be taken into account.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author’s email address immediately upon submission. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, city, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- Instructions on the preparation of videos or oral presentation and information about projection facilities will be included with the notification of acceptance.
- Submission of an abstract indicates that:
- the author(s) agree to comply with the abstract submission and presentation rules;
- the author(s) confirm that the presentation is based on scientific and/or clinical methods that are ethical and valid;
- all authors have contributed to and approved the abstract in its entirety
- Accepted abstracts are official communications of the Congress.
- The presenting author agrees to register, to attend the Congress, and to present the abstract as scheduled by the ILLS.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACTS PREPARATION
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English. Abstracts that are not written in comprehensible English will be rejected and/or returned to the author(s) for revision.
- Abstract must be uploaded in WORD format (.doc; .docx)
- Title, authors’ names, authors’ affiliation, and presenting author must be provided by filling the online form
- Title: Use a concise descriptive title that indicates the content of the abstract. Please minimize the use of abbreviations in the title. Commercial trade names for drugs, devices, products, and services should NOT be used in the title.
- Author: The full name and the full surname for each author must be provided. Do not include degrees or titles.
- Affiliations: Each author should be listed by department, institution, city, and country.
- The body of the abstract text should not exceed 250 WORDS. The online submission program will automatically not allow submissions that do not fit this requirement. Symbols including superscripts and subscripts can be entered in the online system.
- The body of the abstract text must be divided into the following subheadings as appropriate. Each sub-heading should be in bold text, begin on a new line, and followed by a colon and space (:). The text for each sub-section should begin immediately after the colon and space (see sample abstract below).
- Materials and Method:
It is NOT sufficient to simply state that “The results will be discussed.” Only common and standard abbreviations may be used without definition. NO REFERENCES, TABLES, CHARTS OR IMAGES ARE ALLOWED. Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted. Drugs, devices, products, and services should be identified by generic names only within the abstract. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract. Data must be given in units (International metric system is preferred) that are generally accepted in scientific publications. All co-authors must agree with the submitted results and conclusions, and consent to being listed as authors. Work involving humans or animals, or material derived from them must have been approved by an institutional ethics committee.
For reviewing and scheduling purposes, abstracts will be classified into thematic areas.
The ILLS2023 Scientific Program Committee will assign a topic to your abstract in order to achieve a well-balanced scientific program.
Main Topics ILLS Rome:
- Pushing Technical boundaries of MILS
- Robotic assisted liver surgery
- Role of MIS in liver tumours
- Allied Technologies in liver tumours
- Navigation systems in MILS
- Minimally Invasive Donor Hepatectomy
- MILS and Gender equity
- MILS in emerging countries
- Teaching and training in MILS
- Updates in trials and registries
Main Topics Post-Meeting Conference Naples:
- State of the Art of laparoscopic and robotic donor hepatectomy
- Learning curves and program establishment (laparoscopic and robotic)
- Techniques and instruments for liver parenchyma transection and bile duct division
- Techniques for liver graft implantation
- Update of the Seoul 2019 Guidelines
Online Abstract Submission will be available on the Congress website until June 20th, 2023. Submitted abstract can be modified until June 20th, 2023. Please follow the instructions detailed on the website. Your abstract submission will be acknowledged automatically by email, but this confirmation does not constitute official acceptance for presentation.
Abstracts sent by e-mail, fax, etc. methods will not be evaluated.
Submitted abstract can be modified until June 20th, 2023. Please remove the abstract previously submitted and upload the new document. Authors who wish to withdraw their abstract must send a written request to: email@example.com
Authors will be notified as to the acceptance status of their submissions starting from July 10th, 2023. This includes the assignment of session category and presentation format (oral or video). Detailed instructions regarding requirements and instructions for oral and video presentations will also be provided at that time.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org